As of today, I am officially on modified bed rest until 32-36 weeks when my cerclage is removed. I feel alright. I think my mantra of ‘prepare for the worst and then accept whatever better comes along’ has been helping. I have been mentally prepared for total bed rest; currently my bed rest plan is :
- Standing restricted to 30 mins every 2 hours.
- When not standing, I can be sitting with legs elevated or laying on my side.
- No lifting anything that weighs more than a gallon of milk. ( I picked up a friend’s son on Saturday and almost dropped him when I realized what I was doing)
- No bending when it can be avoided.
- I can leave the house when I’m certain to be seated wherever I go; this is a big one for me because it means I can still go to church weekly.
So it’s not terrible! This still allows me to cook every other day or so and do light chores around the house as long as I strategically plan my day. I have become a master at mapping my journey around the house and collecting items as I go on my way to my destination. I have a few activities that are keeping me busy right now. I have started tackling the registry and working on my address list so that when we are ready to send out announcements etc that information is all ready. We will make it through this!! My Nugget is a fighter and I am going to do all I can to fight along with them.